Monday 17 November 2014

Finding a career to enjoy.

As a young person in life, in this generation, there're so many different routes and opportunities out there that it is quite overwhelming for young adults like me to find the right path to follow. Now my view on a career may be different to many others, but I want a career that I'm truly going to enjoy doing whilst still living an exciting life. I don't just want a job that I need to do the pay the bills and my happiness comes second. But how do I find this? At the moment I'm working part-time as a host/waitress in a restaurant but whilst it's good pay, working for someone else, for a company isn't my passion..Just isn't what I want to do for the rest of my life. I want to live life and enjoy it, explore everything in this beautiful world. I hate the fact that we're given this one opportunity of life and we have to spend it in some cases working our arses off for so little. Why are we restricted by money which is literally paper and bits of metal? Why does this have to define our limitations in life. I've been dancing since I was little and the enjoyment it gives me is really satisfying. After high school, I decided to take my dance training further, so I went to study at a vocational college doing dance and musical theatre. Unfortunately I had to pull out after my 2nd year due to injuries on both of my knees. I have been advised by my doctor to change careers as my anatomy of my body isn't suited to this lifestyle. This was devastating news as I felt so useless and like a failure to my own life. But I guess it could also be a little blessing in disguise, as the career is very unstable and how you can be treated in the industry can be quite upsetting too, your jobs are decided on the way you look, your size, your alignment, all the unnecessary personal things like that. Which for me and my insecurities wouldn't bring me happiness. So what now? I feel lost and pressured into finding a stable highly paid job, with no further qualifications as of yet than GCSE's, there's little chance I can get that sort of pay. I wanted to right this post just incase anyone else out there is feeling the same way. Or have been through the same thing and could give me some advice? At the moment I'm exploring many options of self employment creating and selling my own products, such as personalised candles, wine glasses and anything else I can think of with the help of my mothers business ( personalised printing ). I'll find my perfect career one day, I just hope it's sooner rather than later!

No comments :

Post a Comment